Ethos and Values
Working in partnership, The Cedars Primary School aims to provide our pupils with a safe, supportive and stimulating environment that will help to promote self-worth and respect so that they may achieve their full potential in preparation for their future.
The Cedars is a special school for children who have Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties . The school is maintained by the London Borough of Hounslow and admits children from four to eleven years of age.
We provide a supportive environment that is both accepting and challenging. Through a combination of effective teaching, family involvement and behaviour management strategies, we seek to provide opportunities and the resources that will allow our children to prosper and thrive and successfully interact in the school, the home and the community.
At The Cedars we aim to:
- Promote the highest possible achievement for all pupils, irrespective of ability, cultural background, ethnic origin or disability.
- Promote pupils’ spiritual, cultural, intellectual and physical development.
- Prepare pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life in a changing world.
- Develop strategies for children to understand and manage their own emotions and behaviour appropriately.
Throughout their life at the school we will strive to;
- Help each child identify and acknowledge the social, emotional or behavioural problems which they face and to teach them skills for coping with them in a positive way.
- Instil socially acceptable patterns of behaviour.
- Provide a secure, stable and caring environment in which every child can grow and develop as an individual.
- Improve each child’s view of him/herself, building on their self-esteem and confidence, both in and out of the school environment.
- Develop good home/school relationships and positive supportive attitudes towards the child and family.
- Enable children with all abilities and needs to develop a range of learning skills in all aspects of the National Curriculum.