The Cedars Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment.
Our Child Protection Commitment
Safeguarding at The Cedars Primary School is everyone’s responsibility all of the time. All staff and visitors are expected to:
- Establish and maintain an environment where school staff and volunteers feel safe, are encouraged to talk and are listened to when they have concerns about the safety and well-being of a child.
- Ensure children know that there are adults in the school whom they can approach if they are worried.
- Ensure that children, who have needs in addition to their EHCP, are supported appropriately. This could include referral to Early Help services or specialist services if they are vulnerable or at risk of being abused and neglected.
- Consider how children may be taught about safeguarding, including online safety, through teaching and learning opportunities, as part of providing a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Maintain an attitude of ‘it could happen here’ and ‘professional curiosity’ where safeguarding is concerned.
- Always act in the interests of the child and help to take an active part in develop a culture where Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility.
If you are ever concerned about the safety or well‐being of someone at our school please talk to the school’s Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSL):
DSL/ Prevent Lead: Gavin Winters (Headteacher) Lisa Welch (Deputy Headteacher)
In the event the DSL being absent, the following members of staff has been trained as deputy.
Designated Safeguarding Deputy: Ben Smith
The Nominated Safeguarding Governor: Anna Ballantyne
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any concerns about your child or other children at our school. If you believe that a child is in imminent danger, please contact Hounslow Children's Social Care or the Police. Our Safeguarding Policy can be found under Policies.
High Street, Cranford TW5 9RU
0208 230 0015
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com